The Records Section maintains copies of all reports and traffic accident reports that occur within the unincorporated areas of Will County. The Records Section also maintains a list of registered sex offenders for the entire county of Will.
The Records Section is open to the general public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Copies of incident and accident reports are available upon request during business hours. Please allow 3 to 5 working days from the date of the occurrence for the incident or accident reports to be received in the Records Section.
There is a minimum $5.00 charge for all incident and accident reports requested by mail or in person. The telephone number is 815.727.4738.
The mailing address is:Will County Sheriff's Office
2402 E. Laraway Road
Joliet, IL 60433
For more information contact the Records Division at 815.727.4738.
The Will County Sheriff's Office has entered into an agreement with Appriss to place traffic accident reports online. The Appriss Accident Report system was selected to serve as our traffic accident insurance and citizen request technology. The Will County Sheriff's Office crash reports. ( )
Appriss is an Internet based application that was developed to help law enforcement agencies and insurance companies manage and access traffic accident reports in a more efficient manner. Through the use of cutting edge online document management technology, you are now able to rapidly find and view an accident report usually within 24 hours of being scanned. No more waiting in line or mailing report request forms. Now you can access your reports over the Internet, 24 hours a day!
Like most law enforcement agencies across America, the Will County Sheriff's Office has been pursuing an alternative to the hardcopy reporting, storing, and servicing of report requests. We concluded that the Appriss system was the most suitable and secure solution as a local accident repository for insurance and citizen report requests.
This online method will provide an alternative and more expedient method for obtaining:
- Reports are available from work or home, 24 hours a day via the Internet.
- Saves citizens the hassles of driving to the poilce department, making them easy to view, save, print, and email accident report information.
- Reports are converted to PDF format making them easy to view, save, print, and email.
- Finding a report takes only a few seconds.
- Reports are accessible usually within 96 hours of occurrence, excluding holidays and weekends.
- Reports cannot be modified, maintaining report integrity.
- Clear, high resolution images of each report for optimal viewing and printing.
Appriss charges a nominal convenience fee for this service which is added to the cost of the report. Citizens who do not wish to pay the convenience fee can still come to the police station and pay the normal report fee if they wish.