Disclaimer and Restriction of Use
The Will County Sheriff's Office is presenting a series of crime maps showing locations of crimes/warrants/offenders and corresponding data with dates, types of crimes, locations, etc. This data is being presented in best possible fashion and may be subject to error or change due to:
- Information not yet verified by an investigation
- Information that might include mechanical and/or human error
- Errors in the automatic calculation of coordinates and the interpretation of those coordinates while creating the maps
Neither the Will County Sheriff's Office nor the County of Will guarantee (either expressly written or implied) the accuracy, completeness, or correct geocoding of the data being presented. The Will County Sheriff's Office and the County of Will shall have no liability for any error or omission, or for the use of, or the results obtained from the use of this data. The Will County Sheriff's Office and the County of Will shall assume no liability for any decision made, action taken, or not taken by the user in reliance of any information or data presented. The Will County Sheriff's Office and the County of Will are not responsible for any defamatory, offensive, misleading or illegal conduct of other users, links or third parties.
The Will County Sheriff's Office cautions against using the data provided in the maps to make decisions/comparisons regarding the safety of or the amount of crime occurring in a particular area. The Sheriff's Office respectful requests the user to consider that:
- The information represents only incident reports taken by the Will County Sheriff's Office and does not include other calls for services by the Sheriff's Office or local municipality.
- The information does not reflect or certify "safe" or "unsafe" areas.
- Areas with larger density of people may have reported more crimes than other areas. This does not necessarily mean more crime occurs in that area, only that more crime is reported there.
- The geocoding techniques used are good, but not perfect. Mapped points may not always be in the correct position on the map due to a variety of factors.
The use of the data provided on the maps indicates the user's unconditional acceptance of all risks associated with using the presented data.
Any use of the data for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.