- Bonding Out Instructions
- Court House Information
- Depositing Funds to Inmate Account
- Commissary Schedule
- Phone Calls
- Mail Regulations
- Books and Periodicals
- Map To Detention Facility
- Map To Will County Court House
- General Facility Information
Bail may be posted seven ( 7 ) days a week, twenty-four ( 24 ) hours a day, at the Will County Adult Detention Facility. Persons wishing to post bail for an inmate should present themselves at the Facility's Bond Lobby which is located on Ottawa Street. Only exact amount for bail is accepted. There are two methods of posting bail: cash and credit card.
Accepted Credit Cards:
- American Express
If posting bail with a credit card, there is a fee based on the amount of the bail:
|Cash Bail Amount||
|$1.00 - $200.00||$20.00|
|$200.01 - $300.00||
|$300.01 - $400.00||$40.00|
|$400.01 - $500.00||$50.00|
|$500.01 - $750.00||$75.00|
|$750.01 - $1000.00||$95.00|
|$1,000.00 - $1,500.00||$110.00|
|$1,500.01 - $1,750.00||$125.00|
|$1,750.01 - $2,000.00||$145.00|
|$2,000.01 - And Up||8%|
If out of state, bail may be posted through an approved money transfer method. Individuals should contact the Will County Circuit Clerks office for additional information and instructions. 815.727.8596
Courtrooms and court times are posted at the court house on the assigned court date. Limited parking is available adjacent to the court house. Additional public parking is available on Scott, Cass, and Ottawa Streets.
If you wish to place money on an inmate's commissary trust account, you may do so either by mailing a money order - make payable to: W.C.A.D.F. - ( Inmate's Name ) or depositing cash in person Monday through Friday ( excluding holidays ) from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. in the Jail Lobby. Coins are not accepted and change cannot be made. These monies are used for inmates to purchase writing materials, hygiene items, and snack food.
You may also deposit funds through the internet at www.inmatedeposits.com ( )
Commissary is delivered on Tuesdays.
Visitation schedule is listed with the detailed information for each inmate. General visitors must be on the approved inmate's visitation list two days prior to you scheduling a visit. The requesting of individuals to be added to the approved list is the responsibility of the individual inmate. Jail staff does not have authority to add approved visitors without written authorization from the inmate. For more information on visitation, please visit our Visitation Page.
Inmates can only make collect calls to phone numbers that have been setup to receive these calls using an account with Correctional Billing Services. To receive phone calls from an inmate, call 1.800.844.6591 to setup an account.
Inmates may send and receive an unlimited amount of mail through the United States Postal System. Mail should be addressed in the following manner:
Will County Adult Detention Facility
95 South Chicago Street
Joliet, Illinois 60436
Things to remember when mailing letters to an incarcerated person:
- All mail coming into the Will County Adult Detention Facility is opened and searched for contraband.
- Mailing contraband to an inmate is a crime.
- All mail must be received through the United States Postal Service; you may not drop off letters or envelopes at the reception desk.
- Envelopes may be no larger than 8.5 by 11 inches. Oversized greeting cards are not permitted.
- Do not affix any type of stickers or labels to the envelope. Do not tape or glue anything to the envelope or contents.
- Do not put any glitter, confetti, locks of hair, or any foreign substance in the envelope.
- Do not spray perfume or cologne on the envelope. Do not make lipstick impressions on the envelope or contents.
- Please do not include any laminated items, hard plastic cards, new envelopes, blank paper, or postage stamps.
- Do not send cash. You may include a money order made payable to: W.C.A.D.F. - ( Inmate's Name ).
- You may send a photograph. However, photos may not show:
- Gang Signs or Affiliation
- Criminal Acts
- No Polaroid Photos
- Other restrictions regarding mail and periodicals may exist, please visit our Mail List Page for more restrictions or if you have questions, you may call 815.740.1250.
Inmates may receive books and periodicals through the United States Postal Service. You may not drop off books at the Reception Desk or send books or periodicals to an inmate through the mail. Books must come directly from a legitimate book distributor, publishing company, or subscription service. Only soft cover books will be accepted. Books or periodicals containing the following material, subject matter, or content will not be allowed in the Will County Adult Detention Facility:
- Pornography, nude or semi nude pictures that contain frontal nudity, or that show sexual acts
- Inflammatory hate type literature
- Material on explosives, construction of weapons, booby traps, or martial arts
- Road maps or atlases
- Newspapers of any kind
- Any material containing subject matter that is deemed a threat to the safety and security of staff and inmates
Will County Adult Detention Facility
95 S. Chicago Street
Joliet, IL 60436
Will County Court House
14 West Jefferson Street
Joliet, IL 60432
Administrative Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Telephone Number: 815.740.1250